Why is α-Arbutin called a whitening star ingredient?
Arbutin, which is extracted from the leaves of the pure natural plant bearberry, can inhibit the production of melanin in the human body. It is often used in skincare products to brighten the complexion, fade spots and whiten the skin. Arbutin mainly inhibits the activity of tyrosinase in the skin by penetrating the skin layer, that is to say, inhibiting the growth of melanin from the source.
Does arbutin have any side effects?
1. The concentration of arbutin should not be too high, more than 7% will not inhibit the production of melanin, but will increase the content of melanin in the skin.
2. Darkening of the skin is a long-term process, so arbutin needs to be consumed for a long time, and short-term use will not produce any effect.
3. Although the use of arbutin products can help to whiten, you should not rely on it alone, and you should do a good job of daily sun protection.
What precautions should be taken when using arbutin?
1. Both β-arbutin and α-arbutin 99% can only be used externally, not orally;
2. When using arbutin products, pay attention to the combination, otherwise, it will cause skin allergies and other problems;
3. When using arbutin, it is necessary to avoid sunlight exposure, otherwise, it will lead to the accumulation of melanin, which will affect skin health.